Leader Dynamics / World Public Safety California
The Leader T2 MK5 is chambered for the 5.56×45mm NATO cartridge. Manufactured by Leader Dynamics of Smithfield, NSW, Australia. They where imported in very limited quantity (less than 2000) by World Public Safety in California (1978-1982/1983)
Leader T2 MK5 carbine is a gas operated, semi-automatic carbine. It uses a short-stroke gas piston, located above the barrel, and employs rotary bolt locking. With a triangular-shaped bolt face, which forms three radial locking lugs. Bolt carrier is of generally rectangular shape and rides on dual guide rods. Which also host captive dual return spring setup. During field stripping procedure bolt group along with guide rods, returns springs and back-plate is removed from the carbine as a single unit.
Used in very good condition
- Upper receiver is manufactured from commercially available steel tubing of rectangular cross-section.
- Lower receiver is manufactured from stamped and formed sheet steel.
- Receiver halves are hinged at the front using removable cross-pin.
- Non-reciprocating charging handle is located on the left side of the forend.
- Carbine is equipped with adjustable iron sights and non-removable carrying handle which has see-through opening for sighting.
- Pistol grip, forend and shoulder stock is made from polymer plastic.
- Compatible with M16/Ar15-type box magazines.
Leader T2 MK5 Specifications:
- Mfg Item #: LeaderT2Mk5
- Model: T2 MK 5
- Action: Semi-Auto Short-Stroke Gas Piston
- System: Gas Operated, Fixed Piston Mobile Cylinder, Self-Cleaning
- Barrel length: 16.125“Threaded Barrel with Flash Hider
- Caliber: 5.56 x 45 mm
- Magazine Capacity: 20 and 30 Rounds
- Sights: Adjustable Iron Sights
- Overall length: 38”
- Weight: 7.5 lbs.
- Furniture: Black Polymer
- Finish: Parkerized